#ThrowBackThursday: Halloween

Thursday, November 12, 2015

                                    
I didn't dress up last year for Halloween but this year I definitely had to. It has been years since I really threw on a costume. And if Im not mistaken, the last time I went trick or treating, I was 13 and I was a princess. This year I was Catwoman! I wasn't the all black suit, cat ear head band type of Catwoman. I love the color pink and I also wanted to show my support for Breast Cancer Awareness figuring that Halloween is the last day of October. Two weeks before Halloween I had completely no idea who I was going to be. I had no costume. No makeup ideas. Nothing.

I came home from class one day and my Mom went to a local thrift store and found this velvet pink and black cat suit. Now it could be used for anything I'm sure but when my mother and I saw it, we thought oh this could be a Catwoman costume. I tried it on (after washing it of course) and it fit perfectly. Now all I had to do was research makeup ideas. Find shoes and of course, a mask. 

At first, I wasn't going to wear any makeup. I have very sensitive skin and I was fearful of making whiskers and a nose out of my Stila eyeliner. But then when I got closer to Halloween and viewed more Catwoman makeup tutorials I gained more confidence but I still didn't do it. I felt like people could still tell I was Catwoman even without the whiskers and the cat nose. 

So here's the my Catwoman costume!

                                 

You can see that its a Pink-ish, Purple-ish color. I got my mask from the Dollar Tree. It perfectly matched my costume which I loved! The mesh part you see in the middle is see through and when worn you can see the belly area. What I most loved about this costume is the straps. It really wasn't that cold in my hometown but later in the night I had to wear a light jacket. The mask kind of made me feel weird so I could'nt wear it all day but I wore it when I went trick or treating hehe. 

Costume: Thrift Store
Mask: The Dollar Store 

That was my Halloween costume everyone! I hope you liked it! I went trick or treating in my neighborhood and at a local church and I had SO much fun. What did you do for Halloween? Who did you dress up as this Halloween? Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter and like me on Facebook. Always remember to inspire and be inspired!


Tanisha B.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS