3 Signs That You're Stressed

Wednesday, November 25, 2015


Hello beautiful people! Happy Tuesday! Finals are coming up! And for those of you who are not in college, the Christmas Holidays are coming up! You're stressing about that important class you don't want to fail, that math class you hate, why you don't want to go over your in-laws for Thanksgiving, and how you're going to get everyone something they love and appreciate for Christmas. Well, while you're up all night thinking about all that you've created for yourself a headache that just won't grow away. Stress can creep up on you at the times you most need to be positive. Regardless of what you're about to go through in the next few weeks, you need to understand the symptoms of stress that you might have. Everyone doesn't respond to stress in the same ways but when I'm stressed, here are 3 signs when I know I need to calm it down.


Frequent Headaches

When I get stressed about a test, I usually have frequent headaches and that's how I would know that I need to calm my butt down. And they usually come at night. If you're having headaches every few days and you have deadlines, worries, or a side of anxiety, you're more than likely stressing about something. Headaches are the absolute worst. On top of all of the stress I have with getting a headache it just makes everything worst to be honest. For relief of a headache due to stress, I just take some medicine and try to lie. Headaches are my sign from my body telling me, "Tanisha, you need a break". And I usually listen to my body. After I take my medicine, I quickly take a shower, and just get in the bed with all of the lights turned off. Lights while having a headache doesn't mix, at all. Now if you're a woman, your menstrual cycle may cause headaches to arise. I document every headache I have because once I thought I was getting them so much that I was having them too frequently so when I went to the doctor, I will have documentation saying, "Oh I had a headache on this day, this day," etc. Documenting my headaches in my menstrual cycle app really helps me to distinguish which headache is caused from stress and which is just a symptom from my period.

Skipping Meals

Some people skip meals for many different reasons. Some may skip breakfast because they're not a breakfast person. Some may skip lunch because they're on some type of crazy diet. Although skipping meals usually relates to some type of eating disorder, it's becoming a sign of stress. You may become so stressed out that you don't even feel like eating. You may even have so much to do and so many deadlines to meet that you think you can afford to skip a meal. No one can afford to skip a meal even if you're on a diet. It's not how you eat, but what you eat. Eat healthier to lose weight. Just because you have a lot to do or you feel overwhelmed doesn't mean you can afford to skip a meal. You need that energy from that meal you skipped to help fight the stress you're dealing with.

Insomnia

Please take it from someone that knows. It's so hard to get to sleep when I'm stressing out about an assignment. Since all of this technology has surfaced in the 21st century, when we go to bed and try to go to sleep but we can't because of our phones. Our smartphones have all of our deadlines in it, all of our emails, contacts, social media accounts, etc. It's so much in the world going on that we're worried about, we're missing out on the 7-9 hours we need to get ready for the next day. Sometimes I don't even get to sleep until 2 a.m. and I have to be up for class at 8 a.m. every other day. No matter what you're stressing about, an assignment, a test, finances, family situations, when its time to go to bed, its about you, and only you. That's your time to just relax from the day you just had to prepare yourself for the next day. Set yourself a bed time. Stick to that bedtime. Put yourself and your sleep first when it comes down to power down.

These are my top 3 signs that show me when I'm stressed. Everyone is very different and you may have different symptoms that you have when experiencing stress. I hope this post really helps you to determine when you're stressed. Comment on some of the symptoms that you may have while experiencing stress. Check out my most recent blog post and don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter and like me on Facebook. Oh, and did you hear the news? I'm on Bloglovin' now! Follow me on Bloglovin' in the top right hand corner of the site! Remember to always inspire, and be inspired.


Tanisha B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS