5 Things I'm Thankful for This Year

Thursday, December 3, 2015

My Thanksgiving was awesome! Mostly because of the food and family I was surrounded by. This Thanksgiving was our first Thanksgiving at home. I usually go over my grandmother's house. Usually everyone goes over an elder house to eat for Thanksgiving. But spending it at home this year was really a blessing. So much happened over the break from Adele's new album, all of the #ThanksgivingwithBlackFamilies memes, and enjoying the Thanksgiving parade, all that good stuff.




I haven't officially heard Adele's full album yet. I've heard Hello and Water Under the Bridge. I saw her perform that song on Jimmy Fallon. I just love love love that song. I can't wait to hear the other songs on her album. I really want her to do a Christmas album next year. Her voice singing The Christmas Song. Can you even imagine? Oh, and congrats to Adele for breaking the record for most sold albums in a week. 3.8 million. Amazing. 

If you have a Twitter or Facebook account, I'm pretty sure you saw all the #ThanksgivingwithBlackFamilies memes. They were hilarious! Mostly because they were all true. I'm not sure who wrote them but I was laughing so hard at all of them. I had my favorites. If you saw the memes comment down below on which ones were your favorite or the most funny to you. 

Who watched the Thanksgiving Day parade? I know I did! I loved The Wiz live performance they did! I just couldn't stop singing along even after it was over. I can't wait to watch it live on T.V. Thursday night at 8/7c. on NBC. I also found out that Grease Live is a thing. I can't believe my favorite pro from DWTS, Julianne Hough, is playing the lead role. I can't wait to see Vanessa Hudgens too. So many great actors and dancers in one cast. 

Of course we couldn't go by Thanksgiving without watching a Charlie Brown thanksgiving. Out of my 20 years this was my first time watching a Charlie Brown thanksgiving, or a Charlie Brown anything. And I actually enjoyed it. Charlie Brown's little crush was my favorite character. I loved how she talked to Charlie, "You little sly devil you". I bursted out in uncontrollable laughter. 

Things I'm thanks for this year:

God

I thank God for just being who He is. 2015 has been filled with many lessons and I wouldn't have been able to make it through sleepless nights without Him. Whenever I feel like I can't talk to anyone, I know I can talk to Him. He has blessed me abundantly even when I least deserve it. I love God and I thank Him for loving me and blessing me continuously throughout my life. 

Family

I thank God for my family, and most of all my Mother and Grandmother. Those two women have helped to mold and shape me into the young woman I am today. I'm so glad and thankful that God placed them into my life. It's like they already know how certain situations are going to turn out. They always know just what to do or just what to say. I love them for supporting me and for always being there no matter what. 

School

I feel so thankful for being a sophomore in college. College is so hard. Harder than you may think. And if you are in college or went to college you know exactly where I'm coming from. But despite the late nights, the early mornings, the stress, I still love and appreciate being a college student. I feel honored. I love being a student and I love and appreciate being able to learn more and more everyday regardless of whether or not I will use it toward my career or not. 

Friends

I love my friends. Well, the ones I do have. It's hard to find real true friends in this day and age. I have a few close friends that tell me like it is and I appreciate that.

Home

I have so many places I can call home and I am so grateful for that. Like I always say Home is where the Heart is. But I just love being in the South. No place feel like the South and I am very blessed and thankful to be able to call this Home.

What are you thankful for this year? How did you spend your Thanksgiving? Thanks for visiting the blog today! Let me know what you think about the new blog design. Always remember to inspire and be inspired!

Tanisha B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS