National Daughter Day - A Letter to My (Future) Daughter(s)

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The first day of Fall, the premiere of Empire, AND its National Daughter Day. My Mom is my everything. I love her with all my being. I'm sure that's how everyone feels about their Mom. Mom's are awesome. They clean your room, do your laundry, and make all your meals. It's our duty as daughters to support our mothers, love them, and be there for them when they need us. I want my daughters to be just as good as a daughter that I am to my mother and even better. No one is perfect. There is plenty of times I could have been a better daughter to my mother. I'm definitely not saying I was that "rebel" type daughter. But I definitely had those teenage moments where I thought I knew it all, even better than my mother, and life whooped my butt in the process.

I decided to write a letter to my future daughters. Let's be honest, I don't plan on having any kids ANY time soon. But since its National Daughter Day, and I plan to have kids within eight to ten years (I know such a long time), I want to write a letter to her (them).

Dear Queen(s),

You are my pride and joy. The words "I love you" can not simply express the love I have for you. Listen to me. Don't be afraid to follow your dreams. Please know that I support you through every decision you make in life. Always remember you are a Queen. You are the prize. Your main priority in life is to love God, love yourself, and get an education. You are deserving of every great thing in life. You deserve the best, never forget that.

Love,

             Your Mother

If I put myself in the position of a mother, I would want my daughter(s) to be women of virtue and to love God and themselves. I pray my daughter(s) become virtuous women, and I pray that I become my mother's greatest accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS