5 Ways to Boost Your Mood!

Friday, September 25, 2015

Hey Dolls and Gents!

Sometimes we just don't feel our best, it's understandable. We're not perfect! We're just human beings all trying to make it in life. When I'm not in the best of moods I tend to do these 5 things and I want to share them with you!



Get hydrated!

Okay. So if you're a Starbucks addict like me, you go through at least 4-6 Starbucks cups in one month, maybe more. One way to boost your mood is to stay hydrated. I especially love the strawberry lemonade flavored Gatorade but if you want something better, what's better than water? One thing I do is recycle my Starbucks cups and use them for water cups! If you really want to get hydrated I suggest using the venti sized cup and fill it all the way up to the top. A venti sized cup is usually around 20 fluid ounces, so if you were to drink 3 of those, just imagine how happy you would be due to all of the toxins that are flushing out of your body! If you're intimidated by the size of a venti cup with water in it, just downgrade to a grande size. It is 12 fluid ounces and they are easier to drink throughout the day. This is how I got started. Drinking my 60 ounces of water per day really makes me feel better and cooler in hot climates, and it also boost my mood and have me feeling great!

Pray/Meditate

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ. He is the way and the light. Whenever I'm feeling down or even when I'm not, I always pray to God. When you're able to vent to Him it gives you a sense of relief. It's like a heavy burden has been  lifted off of your shoulders and you can finally think again. You feel so much better about yourself and about whatever situation you're going through that it causes your mood to be at it's best. Bad moods = negative energy, and no one wants to be in a bad mood or have negative energy surrounding them so put all your worries, concerns, and burdens on Jesus, and He will do the rest!

Read a book, magazine, or a blog

There are many inspirational blogs out there just like I'm creating mine to be that can boost your mood just with a simple blog post. I love magazines! I have a magazine rack and that thing has been overflowing since my sophomore year in high school. I love magazines like People and Cosmopolitan. They give me life. Believe it or not, I'm a nerd, and I actually love school and reading. Okay, well at least 90% of the time I do. When I'm not in the best of moods, and especially when I'm bored out of my mind, I pick up my ipad and find a book to read. You'll be amazed how many free books are online for you to read. Grab your kindle, your ipad, or your tablet and search for apps that list free books for you to read. You'll get so lost in the book that you won't even remember why you were sad, upset, or just simply unhappy. Reading is FUNdamental. Fun = happiness. Duh!

Hangout with your friends

Hang loose with your buddies! I love hanging out with my friends! You can always find a good time with them. Whether you have a clique full of friends or just you and two others, true friends will make you smile. They make you laugh, be an ear to listen, and a shoulder to lean on. If they can't do that then why are they your friend? Hang out with people you trust. Friends who are on the same path as you are. Friends who are going to build you up when you're feeling down. Real friends don't let you be down in the dumps.

Take a nap

I swear when I take a nap I wake up feeling 1000 times better! Even if I've only slept for an hour, I feel so refreshed and awesome. It's like I've had a chance to pause and regroup. Long naps or short naps, any nap is worth it when you're feeling down.


These are only some of the things that I do when I'm not feeling in the best of moods! I hope this post can give you an idea of what to do the next time you're not feeling good. Remember, inspire and be inspired!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome suggestions! A nap and my besties is usually just what I need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corin! Suggest my blog to your besties ♡ Im so glad you liked my suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging totally boosts my mood!! I love the rush of inspiration! Omg a nap however would be divine! =) I need to really reconsider a career shift to mattress tester... =)

    Melanie | Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be a mattress tester Melanie! Haha second best job to blogging :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS